• 6-9/16” (2” wood extension)
• Custom jamb depth in 1/8” increments up to 6-9/16"
Sun recommends that jamb depths over 6-9/16” be custom made and applied on site by a trim specialist.
• Double Hung = Insert Jamb (pocket window)
• Casement = No-Jamb Wood Surround
Allows window to be used in 3-1/8” insert/pocket window and other retro-fit applications.
For Casement and Sash Set Fixed Lite frames. Provides a good surface for returning drywall to meet the jamb.
• Step Jamb for Casement & Sash Set Fixed Lites The standard casement jamb surround is located toward the inner perimeter of the frame. A Step Jamb moves this to the outer most edge of the wood frame. This is valuable when mulling a casement family product to a non-casement family product, such as a direct set fixed lite or a double hung. This alternate jamb placement provides for improved trim alignment in these applications.
In-Swing doors can be extended by using Sun’s Exterior Frame Extension. This SunClad™ aluminum extrusion is designed to extend the exterior frame 2” for 6-9/16” wall construction and still allow in-swing doors to open fully to the interior of the building.
Out-swing door frames can be extended to the interior by using wood extensions.