There are a few things you should check and be aware of before you contact us about servicing your Sun product(s).
This may seem obvious but we often get service requests for products that end up not being ours.
1. Look for the Sun logo on the glass. It is located in the lower left corner of the sash or panel when looking at the product from the interior. It is etched in the glass, so it can be faint and maybe a little hard to see. Look closely and you should be able to see it.
2. The second check is to look at the glass spacer that separates the pieces of glass in your insulated glass unit. On almost all Sun products, the glass spacer will be black. The only exception to this is that some door units may have a different colored spacer.
Sun offers two main product lines. Knowing which one will help you know what warranty applies to your products.
1. Sun Clad Wood products are easily identified by their heavy, extruded aluminum exterior surface coupled with a wood interior.
2. Sun Vinyl Windows are all vinyl interior and exterior.
All Sun products have a warranty that explains what is covered and what is not. Be sure to review the warranty coverage so that you are prepared for either warranty covered service or non-warranty service. There are fees and charges for all services not covered by the warranty.Clad WarrantyClad Warranty (Pre 2010)Commercial WarrantyVinyl New Construction WarrantyVinyl Replacement Warranty
Clad Warranty applies to Sun Clad Wood products purchased after August 14, 2010.
Clad Warranty (Pre 2010) applies to products purchase prior to August 15, 2010.
Commercial Warranty is specific to Commercial projects.
Vinyl New Construction Warranty applies to Vinyl products purchased for new construction projects.
Vinyl Replacement Warranty applies to Vinyl products purchased for replacement window projects.
If for any reason you need to request service for your Sun Window product, submit a detailed description of the problem or service needed.
• Specify the type of product(s) involved (clad wood or vinyl, casement, double hung, fixed lite, swinging door, sliding door, etc.)
• Description of the problem(s)
• The geographic location of product (city, town, county, state, etc.)
• The date they were purchased (if known)
• Where the products were purchased (if known)
• The original order/invoice number (if known)
• Record your name, address, phone number(s), and email address.
Submit this information using our online Product Service Request form (see link below).