Sun Windows, Inc. provides this Limited Warranty to cover Sun Patriot Residential window and door products sold and installed in the United States of America. This warranty extends to the owner of the structure in which the products are originally installed and is fully transferable.
The insulated glass warranty applies to factory installed insulated glass or Sun supplied insulated glass that is installed by a Sun authorized service representative. Sun's insulated glass is warranted against obstruction of view caused by a failure of the insulated glass seal for twenty (20) years. Sun warrants our insulated glass units against spontaneous glass breakage for a period of one (1) year. Spontaneous glass breakage occurs when the glass develops a crack without the sign of an impact.
The Sun Patriot clad exterior aluminum components have (unless specified otherwise) a high performance Powder Coated finish. Sun's standard D2000 finish meets AAMA 2604 specifications and is warranted for twenty (20) years against peeling, flaking, blistering, cracking, checking and loss of adhesion. These are measured in accordance to the AAMA 2604 specification standard and are for normal atmospheric conditions. Sun's optional D3000 finish meets AAMA 2605 specifications and is warranted for thirty (30) years against peeling, flaking, blistering, cracking, checking and loss of adhesion.These are measured in accordance to the AAMA 2605 specification standard and are for normal atmospheric conditions. Color fading is a natural occurrence and is not covered by any warranty.
When selected as an option, the factory applied film/finish on vinyl interior is warranted for two (2) years against delamination. Color fading is a natural occurrence and is not covered by any warranty.
Sun warrants for a period of 2 years from the date of original product purchase the quality of workmanship and materials of vinyl sash and frame components shall be free from defects, which might render the product unusable. Sun will replace or repair (at its discretion) any product, which may be defective and will do so in the same state as originally furnished (refinishing or repainting is the responsibility of the consumer). All products should be thoroughly inspected for damage or defects when the products are received and before installation and finishing. Sun should be promptly notified of any item that is deemed unsatisfactory when it is received.
Attention: Vinyl products and components should not be painted. Painting vinyl surfaces can result in the failure or the product. Do not paint vinyl windows or components.
All non-electric operating hardware, including sash locks & keepers, finger tilt latches, balance systems, crank operators, hinge and glide systems, door handle sets and hinges, and multi-point latching systems are warranted to operate properly in support of the product’s function for a period of ten (10) years from the original date of purchase. Note: some hardware finishes are prone to wear and weathering and will fade or change over time. This is considered a normal cosmetic effect and is not covered by this warranty (see the Exclusions section). Weather stripping is warranted to function correctly for a period of ten (10) years from the original date of purchase. Electric operating hardware is warranted for a period of one (1) year from the original date of purchase.
All other components not specified elsewhere are covered for a period of two (2) years from the original date of purchase.
If a product or product component becomes defective during the term of the warranty, Sun Windows will, at its option, repair or replace the product or component, or refund the price paid for the defective product or component. Replacement products or components may differ from the originals.
Labor for servicing a product or component under this warranty is provide for one (1) year from the original date of purchase. After this period, a labor/service charge may apply for a Sun authorized service technician.
Damages, defects or problems resulting from causes outside the control of Sun Windows are excluded from coverage under this warranty.
• Normal wear and tear
• Normal discoloration or fading of finishes (this includes paint finishes, hardware finishes and vinyl parts coloration)
• Failure to follow Sun’s care and maintenance instructions (see Sun’s Installation Instructions and Product Instructions
available at www.sunwindows.com or from your authorized Sun dealer)
• Improper installation & finishing, including improperly finishing and caring for the wood components (see Sun’s Installation Instructions
available at www.sunwindows.com or from your authorized Sun dealer)
• Improper application of the product or option (non-vertical glazing, atypical building structure, wrong product orientation, improper framing/support)
• Installation or use near pools, spas, saunas, hot tubs and other high-humidity environments
• Variation in wood color, texture and grain• Wood cellular structure failure from direct contact with soil or insect damage, or exposure water or high humidity
• Variations in product or component performance due to normal aging and use
• Glass imperfections consistent with ASTM or other industry standards which do not affect the structural integrity• Glass cracks and breakage from impact
• Insulated glass failure or damage from the use of window films or treatments
• Use of brick wash, razor blades or other inappropriate cleaners or chemicals
• Screen damage due to normal wear and tear, misuse, abuse, or insect or animal activity
• Hardware or other components not provided by Sun Windows
• Labor and materials for repainting or refinishing activities, or the removal or disposal of defective products or components: labor exceeding the time period(s) specified above
• Misuse, abuse, modification, alteration, accident, negligence
• Shifting or settling of the building structure
• Extreme weather events
If you have a problem with your Sun Window product, contact the dealer you purchased your product from or contact us directly at Mail: Sun Windows Customer Care / PO Box 1329 / Owensboro, KY 42302-1329 / Phone: (800) 328-1151 or (270) 684-0691 / Fax: (270) 926-6452 / Email: email@example.comProduct Service Request
This limited warranty document sets forth Sun’s maximum liability for their products. Sun shall not be liable for special, indirect, consequential, or incidental damages. Your sole and exclusive remedy with respect to any and all losses or damages resulting from any cause whatsoever shall be as specified above. Sun makes no other warranty or guarantee, either express or implied, including implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose to the original owner or to any subsequent user of the product, except as expressly contained herein. In the event state or provincial law precludes exclusion or limitation of implied warranties, the duration of any such warranties shall be no longer than, and the time and manner of presenting any claim thereon shall be the same, that provided in the express warranty stated herein. This limited warranty document gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights that vary from state to state.